Saturday, May 17, 2014

Europe Trip - Emirates & Dubai Airport

Last month April 16th 2014 - May 5, 2014 I took my first ever Europe trip! Super excited! I took the opportunity and told my best friend that I was going to visit her! So, here are the fun times that we had on our journey!

There will be different segments on this post about my thoughts and information I will provide that in the future it will help all of you who are going to travel to Czech Republic, Austria and Poland. 

I purchased my tickets on December 2013 on Emirates Airline website. I have checked the prices nearly every day to see if the prices would go down. Unfortunately, it didn't but the price was reasonable.

Emirates Airline

Seems, like Emirates Airline does not provide direct flights. I departed from Hong Kong 6-7 hours later, stopped over at Dubai Airport for 3-4 hours and 5-6 hours arrived in Prague.

From Hong Kong to Dubai I was on the Airbus A380-800. The seats were fine, the staff was pleasant. One thing that happened to me was when I opened the headphones I found that my headphones were broken, so I requested to replace a new one. The entertainment on the flight was amazing! It had most of the lastest films on board for different nationalities and box set tv shows! The only downfall was the sensor of the touch screen was slow, so instead of using the touchscreen I used the remote control. Wifi on the plane was also provided but not for free. The food was good too! No complains there!

Dubai Airport Terminal 3

After the long 5-6 hours flights, I finally arrived at Dubai Airport. The signs were clear enough to lead me to my connected Flight to Prague. It took me about 10mins - 20mins to find my gate due to different Terminals and I had to take the Airport Train to the other Terminal.

Tip 1 : Once you have landed and walking towards your connected flight gate, you have to pass Dubai Immigration again. So, if you have any liquid forum with you, you either throw it away, leave it on the plane, drink it or let the immigration staff take it away.

Tip 2 : Bring an empty water bottle with you. Once you have passed security check near the washrooms there will be drinking water machines provided for you. You can easily fill up your water bottle again! 

WHAT?! NO UNLIMITED FREE WIFI!!!

What I was really bummed about was the Dubai Airport only provides 30 mins of complimentary Free Wifi Access from Boingo.  I read on other blogs, foursquare & other comments that there was a Free Wifi called Maxspot but it wasn't there when I was there and certainly 30 mins of Free Wifi wasn't enough for me. Most of the airports I had been to provide absolutely free access without any limited time. 

During 3-4 hours of waiting at the airport I slept for 2 hours and the rest of the time I roamed around the 24 hours big duty free shops and I came across New York's famous burger shop Shake Shack!

Shack Shake

I didn't get to try it because it was 5am at the time I arrived Dubai and I wasn't hungry. It was tempting though. Maybe next time I'll try it when I am in New York! 

What I do like Emirates Airline was the efficiency on their time for boarding. They will start the boarding on time according to different Zones. Also, they are on time taking off without any delays. It is either early or on time for my flights.

From Dubai to Prague the plane was much smaller which wasn't worth to take photos on and it was pretty much the same the one I took from Hong Kong to Dubai but smaller in size.

Boeing 777-300
This was my return flight from Prague to Dubai. This plane is very new! The leg room is much better, the touchscreen is faster, the monitor is bigger and even more new entertainment was updated! What I actually appreciate on the plane was all of them provided USB sockets for me to charge my electronics!

Tip : On the menu if you get a chance to have the "lamb" try it out!

On my menu they provided curry chicken or lamb. When the majority people was choosing "chicken", I chose "lamb". I didn't choose "chicken" because I was worried it would be too dry for me and I didn't want rice. Turns out, the lamb wasn't bad at all! It was moist, tender and juicy! Hmm.. Definitely want to try it again if I ever have another chance!

What are your thoughts on Emirates Airline?


After another 5-6 hours, I finally arrived...


HELLO! PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC!

2 comments:

  1. Great information shared by you in shape of full details as well, I am looking for information about meet and greet at Heathrow, Heathrow airport cheap parking comparison system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in traveling to UAE by limousine? This is the right place for you to create an account in cabs driver. In order to provide you with the highest quality service, we will provide you with the most suitable limos and drivers for your trip. Based on your preference, you might have thought the service was available for a whole day, an hour, or a week. It is guaranteed that you will receive the finest service when you choose Bai limo services. Whether it's picking you up from the airport, a wedding, a business meeting, a sports event, traveling to Dubai, etc, we offer a Dubai limousine service for everything.

    Take advantage of Dubai limousine services with your family, friends, or loved ones at this wonderful location. You are invited to embark on a memorable and wonderful journey with your family, friends, or loved ones. Choosing your limo online before you arrive in Dubai will make it easier for you. Additionally, online payments are available.

    https://www.cabsdriver.com/chauffeur-services.php
    https://www.cabsdriver.com/chauffeur-services.php

    ReplyDelete