Thursday, July 24, 2014

Movie - 50 Shades of Grey Trailer Review

The day has finally come! The anticipated official launch of the 50 Shades of Grey Movie Trailer! Since Beyonce posted a Teaser Trailer of the movie on her instagram (Beyonce Instagram) and the 50 Shades Of Grey Facebook Page announced the official trailer will drop on 22 July, 2014 (Thursday) I was HYPED! Now I have seen the trailer, keep reading!

For many of us ladies around the world whom have read the books by EL James and went all goo goo gaga over Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele it is the day to actually see a little glimpse of the two actors Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson acting as the character. 

Image Credit: ibtimes.com

This is only base on my perspective on the trailer and the book. Firstly, I would like to clarify that I haven't finish the first book yet but as far as how I imagined who Christian Grey is, it is NOT Jamie Dornan. Sorry to say, I just don't see him being Christian Grey. 

For the past 2 years I think, people were talking about who should play Grey's character and I think the actors that were mentioned was far more interesting and better that this dude. Let's name a few... 


Matt Bomer - The top runner through out everyone wanted him to play Grey! I certainly see him playing the character but I guess he or the casting crew passed, maybe for the age? Does Bomer's face pull off playing a 27 year old character? My thought... WHO CARES!!! HE'S GOOD LOOKING!!!


Ian Somerhalder - Second hot pick! My favorite man in The Vampire Diaries. I watch the show because of him. Well, I can see why people wanted him to Grey because HE IS SUCH A BAD VAMPY BOY in the show! 

Then there were these other selections:
  • Christian Bale - Why would he want to play in a movie like this? He's older & I think he surpassed this typed of movies after the American Psycho.
  • Ryan Gosling - We all know he has an AMAZING body but seriously? Does Ryan really need to play this role? He is a heartthrob already! Remember the movie "The Notebook"?
  • Robert Pattinson - Why would he want to be in an R-rated version of Twilight? He has Twilight in this pocket and survived 4 movies does he need another 3-4 movies that has a similar story line? Doubt it! 

My honest review...

After watching the official trailer, I was disappointed. The trailer doesn't bring enough for me to be drawn, excited, captivated and excited that it's coming soon in Feb 2015. This Grey doesn't look anything mysterious to me. He looks boring. Probably he should keep doing TV shows.

Anastasia Steele, I don't see this actress as the character either. She doesn't look "THAT" innocent to me. I seriously would want what everyone wanted Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls) to play the character.

Probably it is because the book is so popular that I don't see this guy can carry the character and knowing that this movie will be a saga since EL James wrote 3 books.

I assume the actors want to make a name for themselves from this movie since both actors are kind of fresh face. I wouldn't have know what movies/TV roles they have played if I didn't IMDB searched for them.

Will I pay to watch this in the theaters? I will just have to wait for a few more trailers that hopefully will release and give me some excitement and anticipation that this movie is worth the money and time to watch it in theaters. If the movie doesn't deliver the BIG chance will be I will watch it in DVD/Streaming.

Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey Official Trailer

Youtube Credit: JoBio Movies Trailer

What do you think about the trailer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment