Tuesday, September 2, 2014

HK eats - Ishiyaki Cafe (My Melody and Kuromi)

Today my friend and I met up for dinner and we spotted that Langham Place (Mong Kok) was doing a Sanrio promotion. We decided to head to Ishiyaki Cafe and they were doing a My Melody & Kuromi Pop up cafe!

Ishiyaki Cafe
Since it was still early there was no queue and within 5 minutes we we able to grab seat. The whole cafe was in wood and pink colour. Some of the tables had My melody and Kuromi. You can even select My Meldoy pillows and take pictures with them. I didn't do it because I was afraid the pillows were too dirty since many had their hands on them.

My Melody & Kuromi welcoming people at the entrance!

Everything is pink
The tea set menu
We were there very early and dinner service starts at 6:00pm. We only had the tea set service which starts from 2:00pm - 6:00pm. There were various of selections on the food you would like with the set you will also get 3 selections of drinks and 10% service charge. 


My friend and I ordered the fried rice which came with the stone bowl and the Korean spicy sauce. The rice tasted pretty good but the only thing that was lack was the stone bowl was just a display. It wasn't like the Korean style where the bowl is so hot that the rice is still sizzling inside the stone bowl. It was simply just placed inside the bowl. The vegetables were even cut into little shapes to make it more cute! 

Kuromi french toast with ice cream
The next dish was a dessert. French toast with ice cream. Some of the french toast tasted crispy but some were soggy, so I assume some of them were just cooked and left it out. They simply just mixed the old ones and new ones together. Obviously, the ice cream wasn't homemade.

My melody coffee
Super cute!!! Well, cute doesn't mean it is a great cup of coffee. I kind of like my coffee mild strong and this cup of coffee certainly wasn't strong enough for me. It tasted more like a latte. I guess it is the taste for teenagers?


Overall, the food there wasn't good which I have expected because if you are there you are simply there for the theme experience. If you are into Sanrio theme dinning experience this is the place for you! If you are a My Melody fan then this is definitely the place for you! 

The staff there are pretty young, they are in high school so, don't expect them to be very good in customer services and serving. I think most of them are part time since I saw some of staff arriving to the cafe in their school uniforms. Cut them some slacks because school just started and after school they have to go to work. After work they will have to probably do their school work. 

My Melody & Kuromi Pop Up Cafe:

Date: 14 July 2014 - 14 September 2014
Time: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Location: 10/F Langham Place


Where is Langham Place?


Transportation: MTR
Location: Mong Kok Station

No comments:

Post a Comment