Friday, July 25, 2014

Game - Kim Kardashian Hollywood

I am not much of a gamer at all. I normally just play to spend a bit some time. I usually just end up playing those typical farm games, candy crush, jelly splash those sort of genre.

A week ago, I found out that Kim Kardashian released a new game. I didn't feel excited what so ever, I was simply curious but I do watch "Keeping up with the Kardashian" reality series. Due to curiosity I clicked "Download" and voila! I have the game on my phone.

Here's my opinion and in take about this game...


Every time when you open this app you will see a cartoon character of Kim K. Not that I am offended by it and I find that the illustrator did a pretty good job on drawing out the whole game. The colours looked pretty good as well.

The one thing that sucks so much is that it always say that there's a network problem and I have to check my internet settings which I doubt it's my fault because everything is working find on other devices. Sometimes the app has to load 2 times before it fully goes to 100% then you can start playing the game.

Afterwards, the app will direct you to select whether you want to be a woman or a man! For myself, I picked myself as a woman. It's just way easier for and I assume I have more clothes and variety to pick on.


Since I have played on the game I am on Level 8 already. YAY me! There are wide selections on different face shapes, eyes, hair, make up and clothes for you to choose from. Depending on which level you are on you can select different types of styles you want according to what they offer. Some of them you have to earn money to purchase them.


Seriously? I'm on the D-List! Before you move your way up top you must be in the down bottom "THE E-LIST" Yes! It's worst than the D-List. By working on job offers & tasks they want you to do you can make money, earn level points, K silver coins & energy. Most of all if you have done your job well you will gain "fans".

Fans are very important to increase your status in the came. The most fans you have the faster you crawl up the ladder! Under the D-List star there's your ranking and fan number. If a job you did that mentioned on the new feed saying that you didn't do well or you gossip about some one in a bad way you will lose your fans and your rank will lower.


Every job you have completed at a certain time scheduled a feed about your will pop up. It will notify you on how well you did or didn't do and notify you how many fans you have gains or lose. Next to "My Feed" Top stars, is how you rank. There are so many on that list and I envy the first few people who are on the A-list! I know I will get there!


Get to work! The manager will let you know and let you pick some campaigns you would like to do. Getting to work and the job done is key to get more money, so you can shop, increase you rank and level! Just by clicking on the "teal buttons" you can get to work and the energy will decrease. Once your energy are gone you will have to wait for it. It doesn't take long. Just play some other games!


You will receive calls all the time. Most of the time is the manager "Simon" calling notifying you on jobs but some rare moments Kim K. will call you. She will call you mostly on the goodies. Inviting you to parties and giving you jobs. She will also give you gifts!


What do I think about this game? 


I think it is an alright mobile app game to waste some time on and since I am kind of a person that do want to see what happens next in other levels and getting my rank up to leave the D-List group, I will stick around and keep playing.

The game itself is very easy to understand and move around. But I wish the words on locations can be more specific. Sometimes the manager will just tell me to go to his office but doesn't tell me which location. As a person who doesn't live in Hollywood, I don't remember where the office and other places are if it didn't mention. I will have to take the metro and waste a few buck on finding where are those places located.

Networking in the game is hard. I don't have friends playing this game and networking with other people in the game you need a lot of K stars. If you want more K stars you can purchase them but as a person who isn't addicted to games I don't purchase anything. I will simply wait for my time to come.

The game itself takes you to places. The graphic is very simple and clean. It is easy to look at and it's not complicated at all which I like.

Pros:

  • Easy & user friendly
  • Nice designs and layout of the game
  • A competitive game to get famous!
  • Wonder what the next level offers.
  • Change clothes, hair, make up on how you want it!
  • Once logged in, game is smooth
Cons:
  • Loading is so slow
  • Says error on the network have to re open the app
  • Not all areas are located specifically.
  • In some conversations you don't get to choose what you want to reply.

Tip: When you are on the street try tapping on the bushes, luggages and other things you see, you will get extra money, energy, level up.

I will keep playing this game. Maybe will have a follow up once I reach a certain level and I find there are interesting happening in the game! Give it a try, if it's not your thing then just remove it from your cell phone.

Watch how the Buzzfeed crew felt about the game!


Gosh! Kim Kardashian is making big bucks on this app! 

No comments:

Post a Comment